No, I haven't been working on a new custom. In fact, I haven't been doing much of anything for the past week as I've got the evil cold that's going around town. So I've been the walking dead, instead. Not even feeling like customizing.
So here is an old restoration to check out in the meantime. I haven't posted much on restorations yet, but I do do them occassionally. Actually I have several ponies in my collection that need only minor work to get them looking fantastic again. Here is one that I actually did something with.
To clean her I started with bleaching. I don't normally take this step, but in this case it seemed warrented. I then gave her a good scrub with a toothbrush and dish soap. That pretty much took care of the dirt (a lot of it was crayon, so the wax just needed to be scrubbed away. Her hair was washed and conditioned, and although her mane was in great shape her tail was too frizzy to be saved (perhaps a straightening iron could've helped but we weren't trying that back in the day.) And that was all she needed. Overall it wasn't a very stressful restoration.