Friday 2 January 2015

2014 - A Look Back

Another year of collecting, customizing, and creativity is past.

Early on, the collecting portion was looking a little weak.  NY Toy Fair showcased over 40 Equestria Girl dolls, but only a very few ponies, and many collectors (myself included) wondered if Hasbro had forgotten what the "P" in MLP stood for.  However, things began to look up later in the year as more new brushable ponies were found.
On the customizing front I saw success in the Fair competition again this year, with a 2nd place medal.  I also did several sculpting projects (some of which I've yet to share) that I'm quite proud of.
I also made real strides in my project to catalogue and photograph my collection.  I've been working steadily on my excel sheet to track everyone, and I've started cleaning and photographing ponies.  I've also got a plan to keep going, and I think it's sustainable, which means this could actually happen.
2014 saw the start of my Snuzzle/Peachy army, and the addition of probably my favourite piece in my collection: my "factory sample" Peachy from Pony designer Liz Knight.  I'm so happy to have this one of a kind in my collection.

I hope you have all enjoyed sharing this journey with me, and I hope you'll keep checking in through 2015.

Elf

No comments:

Post a Comment