Friday 30 August 2013

Ottawa Geek Market: Year 2

Last year, in October, Roomy and I shared a table at the inaugural Ottawa Geek Market.  Geek Market is an event that's something of a cross between a convention, an artists' marketplace, and a geeky garage sale.  Not only did we have a great time, but we did pretty darn well in our sales too (Roomy was selling her books, I was selling my customs, and we had a bunch of older figures for sale too.)

This year the Geek Market is two days, taking place October 19th and 20th.  We are really looking forward to the event again, and hoping this year we'll get a bit more time to do some shopping for ourselves.  I'm also working on a whole slew of geeky custom ponies that will be ready to go to new homes by then.  Here's a sneak peek at the custom prep that's been done so far.  There'll be sneak peeks and updates from now until October.

Also, if anyone's planning to attend and has any vintage ponies they're interested in selling, I'd be happy to take them off your hands.  If it's a pony toy with "Hasbro" somewhere on the bottom of the foot, I'll be interested.  If you're not sure, I'd be happy to take a look at pictures emailed to me to advise.  Elfpony @ yahoo.com.  (end shameless plug)

Elf

No comments:

Post a Comment