Saturday 19 January 2013

Hockey's Back!

Yes, this has to do with Ponies.  Eventually.

Leafs Fan Elfpony says "Go Leafs Go!"
Winter in Ottawa is difficult enough for someone who hates winter.  But winter in Ottawa with minimal hockey is just painful.  With no NHL, Saturday nights since October were not the same.  Roomy and I were doing things, playing board games, watching movies, going out with friends.  And that was great.  But it wasn't Hockey Night in Canada and something was missing from my winter weekends.

Now the NHL has returned, and I can't tell you how happy I am.  Not only am I a die-hard Leafs fan, but I'm a die-hard hockey fan in general.  Roomy will attest that I'll watch any hockey, any time, anywhere.  But my favourite is the NHL and the Leafs.  And Hockey Night in Canada has been part of my life for about as long as I can remember.

What does this have to do with Ponies?  You might remember a while back I did a post about how I spend the majority of my Saturday nights.  Well, with the return of the NHL and the shortened season starting with a triple header (that's about 9 hours of hockey, for the uninitiated) guess what my hockey watching activity is for the evening?
Hockey and Pony customizing.  A natural combination in this house.
 Oh yes, a lot more customizing work is going to get done in the next few months.  Welcome back, NHL.

Elf

No comments:

Post a Comment