Sunday 30 January 2011

MLP Fair Prep, Part One

Recently the location for the 2011 MLP Fair was announced and it's going to be at Hasbro Headquarters in Rhode Island.  What's not to like?

This is a nice quick one day drive for Roomy and I, so we'll be doing another road trip this year.  Actually, we really enjoyed visiting RI the last time the Fair was there, and we're looking forward to visiting some more sites this year.

Of course, going to the Fair involves some preparation, especially if you're going to have a booth and be selling stuff.  (Yes, I know it's only January, but I'm trying the radical "get stuff done early rather than finish stuff at the last minute" technique this year.)  I do happen to have several finished customs that I'll be bringing to sell, but I've also got quite a lot of ponies that I've picked up in the last several months at second hand shops who need a little TLC so they can look their best in the sales box.  I got started on cleaning these this weekend.  I only got about 25 cleaned, however.  There must be nearly 100 altogether so I've still got some work ahead of me.

There are also contest entries to be considered.  There's the custom contest to consider.  In the last few years there have been two categories: Hasbro-based and General.  I've got an idea for the General category that I think will get some laughs if it doesn't get anything else, so I'm excited to get started on that.  Then there's the Artwork contest.  I haven't entered anything in that for a few years, and I'd like to put something in this year.  What, I'm not sure yet.  I'm also hoping that the Parade of Booths contest will be on again this year, because Roomy and I have got some pretty elaborate plans for that.

The Fair trip is usually my main Summer vacation of the year, as well as our Roomy getaway, so I always look forward to it. I haven't missed a Fair since 2006 in San Fransisco.  And with Hasbro hosting this year AT the headquarters, I'm looking forward to a great time this year.

Elf

No comments:

Post a Comment