Monday 24 January 2011

The great Pony Room Reorg - volume 4

Well the holidays are over, the holiday display has been torn down, and the Pony Room has returned to a state of chaos.
There often comes a point after a move when you've unpacked more boxes than you have room to put things.  This is more or less where I am now in the reorg.  The wall shelves are still not up, the large bookshelf that will house the customs is not bought, and the shelves I have are already full.  Time for more shelves!
Picked up two new shelves this weekend, which Roomy was nice enough to build for me.  On the left you see my MLP Fair/SDCC exclusives along with a few other specialty ponies.  These will be staying more or less where they are.  On the right, however, is the temporary home of my customs created by other talented artists (and a few of my own.)  These are going to be living here for a few months until I can afford to pick up the large shelving unit with glass doors that will protect the customs from dust and wear.  At least they are finally unboxed and I can get to work cataloguing them along with the rest of the collection.
In the meantime, with the appearance of G4 Ponies in Canadian stores I felt it was time to open up my stockpile of G3s.  When I was a student I used to wait until Ponies went on sale and buy several at once.  I'd then open about one a week so that I felt like I always had some new Ponies.  Well, what with two house moves in a year and then packing up the Pony room, I had gotten somewhat behindhand in my opening.  Some of these I've had since the Memphis Pony Fair in 2007!  But I wanted to free the G3s before the G4s started to filter in.
This is me remembering how much I hate trying to get into G3 packaging.
This is when one of the kittens decided he wanted to help.
Here's the whole gang finally freed from their plastic prisons.  Have I mentioned I'm not a MOC collector?

Elf

No comments:

Post a Comment