Sunday 31 October 2010

The great Pony Room Reorg - volume 3

I'm making progress!   ...I think.

I spent the better part of yesterday down in the Pony Room continuing the reorg that was put on hold for the last several weeks.  The goal of the day was to get the G2 and G3 playsets out and set up, which was nearly completely accomplished.

With less than two months to go before the Holiday Display (Epic Version) needs to be set up, I've got that in mind while setting up the playsets.  The G2 and G3 playsets are, for the most part, fitting nicely on the bookshelves donated by a friend when she moved out of town.  Ideally I'd eventually like to move the G2s onto the floor to have them spaced out a little better.  But I'm really liking the "street view" that I can set up with the G3 stores.  I think that's going to look great once their decorated for the Holidays.  I just hope I can find some appropriately-sized lamp posts.  That would make me insanely happy.

On the top of the shelves we have the larger playsets, the dance studio and the castle.  The castle really is too big for that space, but I think it'll be staying there for the foreseeable future.  I did want to keep the Ponyville town sets all together.  (The larger Butterfly Island and Crystal Rainbow Castle sets will be on the floor.  And I haven't found space for the Rainbow Wishes Amusement Park yet.)

In addition to setting up most of the playsets I also cleared away some of the piles of stuff still sitting in bags and boxes in the centre of the room.  I'm extremely happy to finally have my Pound Puppies and Purries on display again!  The majority of these were from my childhood.  Along with MLP, they were some of my favourite toys, but unlike the MLP I actually kept my childhood collection.  Spot, the worn out white Puppy on the top of the pile was my favourite childhood toy.  I got her when I was five and she went everywhere with me for years.  Now she's enjoying her retirement with the rest of the gang in the Pony Room where they are safe from kitten attacks.

Ultimately, I got a lot done yesterday.  But the room is now at that stage of organization where it's getting messier before it gets cleaner.  At least, that's what I'm telling myself as I look at the mess I made yesterday.

Elf



No comments:

Post a Comment