Friday 1 October 2010

The great Pony Room Reorg - volume 1

As an aside from customizing...

What happens when you have 457 Ponies (not counting customs, plushies, Ponyville, or merchandise) and a very small pony room?

Chaos and destruction.  And a lot of dust.

Big pile of Ponies upstairs
This past July at the 2010 MLP Fair, my roommate and I were sitting at my booth.  I was lamenting that I didn't want to buy any playsets because I didn't have space to display them.  She was lamenting that her writing room (she's a published author) was dark and she didn't know what to do with all the space.

And then it slowly dawned on us that if we could switch rooms we'd both be that much happier.  And so it began.

First, we needed to put up some kind of a door on the writing room in the basement.  Kittens may be cute, but they have a taste for Ponies.  This was soon accomplished and then the move could begin.  We asked a couple of friends over to help move the heavier stuff and Roomy and I went up and down stairs for the better part of the morning carrying books up and ponies down.  The next day we whined a lot, because our legs really hurt.  But everything had been relocated.

Big pile of Ponies downstairs
Roomy's new writing room was pretty much set up in a couple of hours.  With the new Pony room I'm planning to have it all set up before Christmas.  Probably not much before, but I am planning to set up my usual Holiday Pony Scene this year (epic version.)

Regular updates to come.

Elf

No comments:

Post a Comment