Friday, 1 October 2010

The great Pony Room Reorg - volume 2

The following day I returned to the new Pony room (once I managed to wobble down the stairs on stiff legs.)  I wanted to set up one display so that I would feel like I had finished something other than just relocating the ponies.  Since all the Ponyville stuff was packed in one box, I set up my Ponyville display.  This is basically a micro version of what I'm envisioning for the whole room, space to display all the playsets, along with the ponies.

 The next weekend I was down in the Pony room Saturday morning anxious to start organizing and unpacking (I actually got up early on a weekend...I'm a little bit ashamed of that.)  My goal for that day was to get the rest of the furniture arranged and the Ponies themselves unpacked.  Since they were only going down two flights of stairs they were packed (read: piled) inside rubbermaid tubs.  (Not the customs, the customs were packed carefully.  We're talking about the Hasbro ponies here.)  I didn't want to leave them in there for longer than necessary just in case anyone should get damaged.

Roomy wandered down shortly after the furniture had been moved, good timing there, ;P and helped me unpack the Ponies.  The G1s I made a half hearted attempt at organizing.  The G2s are more or less in the order I want them.  The G3s I tried to group loosely into sets.  You see, earlier this year I had begun to catalogue my collection, and that meant cleaning and photographing all the sets, as well as recording any flaws that anyone had.  The G1s and G2s are done, but I haven't managed to get to the G3s yet.  That was why I wanted them grouped into sets, so that it was easier to grab a set of ponies without missing anyone.  I didn't do a particularly good job at grouping them, so I'll have to go back with my G3 Guide and re-arrange everyone.

In any case, all the regular release Ponies are out on display now.  More or less.


No comments:

Post a Comment