Friday 15 August 2014

This will STILL be the year I catalogue my collection!

Did you think I had given up on cataloging my collection again?  No, the process was just slowed down by Fair preparation.  I'm still determined to eventually get everything photographed, listed, and organized.
To that end, I've spent some time today photographing some of my merchandise, and a few of the ponies who were ready for their photo shoot.  I've also cleaned the ponies I bought at this year's Fair (which is more than can be said for the poor ponies I bought at last year's Fair), so they'll be ready for their close up once their hair dries.
I very much doubt that I'll be done this project before 2014 leaves us, but I'm still further along than I've been with the project in the past.  Realistically, I won't have time to work on this project each weekend, but when I do, I'll be cleaning a few ponies at a time.  While I wait for these to dry, I'll be able to photograph the previously-cleaned ponies.
The more difficult aspect is the actual catalogue.  I don't currently have a functional laptop, and carrying ponies up and down from the top of the house to the desktop computer in the basement is not practical.  Ideally, I'd have a laptop with me in the Geek Cave, where I could access my excel file, update the pony's condition, and check if I own any of the accessories that go with her before I take my photograph.  In the meantime, I may just have to go back to pen and paper to record everything.
Ah, a collector's work is never done.  ;)

Elf

No comments:

Post a Comment