Sunday 4 September 2011

Ponies at G-Anime

Last Spring I was lucky enough to be invited to Anime North in Toronto.  It was my first professional con, and I had a great time at my collecting and customizing panels.  Now I've been invited to G-Anime in Gatineau next January and I can't wait.

Of course it's too early to know what I'll be doing when, but I'm hoping to reprise my customizing panel from AN.  I'm also hoping to do a panel on the history of the MLP brand.  I've been a fan of the brand basically since it's beginning in the early 1980s, I want to make sure that other fans and collectors who were introduced to MLP only in the last year are aware of the history behind it.  I love that MLP has become such a phenomenon and that so many people seem to be genuinely excited by FIM, and I want to share the earlier manifestation of the brand that excited me when I was five years old and still does today.

In the meantime, I'm busy with two swaps on the Arena.  The Halloween Custom swap (version 4.0) and the Advent Swap.  My Halloween custom is nearly finished, but of course it will be awhile before I get to unveil her here as my partner will have to see her first.  The Advent swap is primarily a gift swap, but I will be including a few custom items in my partner's package as well.  I'm looking forward to spoiling both my partners in these swaps.

Elf

No comments:

Post a Comment