Friday, 23 September 2016


Occasionally, I like to do some free-form customizing.  That is, taking a general idea and running with it, rather than fully planning out a custom.  That's how Iris came to be.
Iris started as a Desert Bloom with a great many pen marks, but very nice hair.  I kept her original hair and began adding sections of paint to cover the pen marks, also leaving much of her original body colour visible.  The paintwork was done completely with brushes - no airbrush was used on her.
On later layers of paint, I added shimmering colours, some of which were done using pattern stencils.  I also added glitter sealant to give her some extra sparkle.  And to finish her off I added several jewels and microbeads around her face.


No comments:

Post a Comment