Friday 12 September 2014

Cataloguing continues

Since I keep going on about this cataloguing project, I figured I'd better have something in place to prove I'm actually getting some work done.  So I've created a page on my blog with links to the albums where I'm uploading pictures of my ponies as I clean and photograph them.  Check it out and check back often, I'll be uploading new pictures every few weeks.

http://www.northernelfpony.blogspot.ca/p/elfponys-collection.html

I'll be more or less trying to keep photos of sets together, but if you see three pics of ponies from a set together it's entirely possible that the 4th pony's pic is somewhere else in the album.  I've never had an issue with remembering who I've got in my herd, so that's not a problem.  The main purpose of this is to share my collection online.

In the meantime, I've switched from cleaning and photographing G1s to G3s for awhile.  This is for two reasons.  First, I have more G3 ponies that don't come with accessories (in the case of G3s, I'm not photographing them with their brushes), so there isn't the added step of trying to locate said accessories.
Second, the majority of my G3s were bought new, meaning I was the one to unbox them and put them on the shelf.  This also means that, in some cases, they've never been cleaned since.  They don't have the "dirt" issues that 2nd hand ponies can have, but they do have a pretty thick layer of dust accumulating.  Time to get rid of that.
The G3s also don't get quite as much attention as my G1s.  I figured it was time to give them some love.

Hope you enjoy the ride as much as I do.

Elf

No comments:

Post a Comment