Monday 28 February 2011

A few favorites - part 2

I mentioned this custom once previously, but as she is one of my favourites I wanted to revisit her in a little more detail.

Annabel Lee was created for an Arena Literary Swap for Barbgirl1999.  Annabel is based on the poem of the same name by Edgar Allen Poe.  I had read the poem before, but hadn't really connected with it at that time.  However, reading it again I found the imagry both powerful and beautiful.  It was truly a pleasure working on this custom.

Annabel Lee was created from a Blossomforth base.  Her wings were created from Apoxie Clay over a wire frame and each feather was individually crafted.  Her hair is a blend of Dollyhair Hematite, Nutmeg, Chocolate Fudge, Gingerbread, and Espresso.  Her eyes and symbol were, of course repainted with Reaper Master Series acrylics.





Elf

No comments:

Post a Comment