Saturday 20 July 2019

More con prep or, why didn't I do some of this earlier?

Next weekend is the MLP Fair in Tampa Bay, two weeks after that is the MLP Collector Extravaganza in Montreal.
That means that in a week I'll be in a room surrounded by two of my favourite things: friends and ponies.  And two weeks after that I'll be in another room surrounded by two of my favourite things: friends and ponies (and French!)

That also means that the next week is going to be filled with panic, and packing, and ponies (oh my!)
It's at this time of year that I always wonder "why didn't I do more of this earlier?"  It's not like I didn't know I was going to these cons back in...well last summer.  Why aren't my sales ponies organized and priced?  Why aren't my contest entries done?  Why did I think it was a good idea to work right up until the day before we leave?  (Answer to the last one: in April when I booked my vacation it seemed like a better idea to have more vacation during and after the cons to play with ponies than beforehand for prep.  Spoiler alert: that will seem like a great idea again as of Friday morning.)
We're also flying to the MLP Fair this year rather than driving.  This is nice because I won't be spending a week of my vacation driving there and back.  This is less nice because I don't have a car to fill with purchases (what?!?!) and will either have to fit everything into my luggage or mail it home.  This year I will be focusing on small purchases (I say this now...)  However Montreal is only a couple of hours away and, rest assured, we will be arriving with a VERY FULL car (should've gotten two tables...didn't), and probably leaving with a VERY FULL car (hopefully of new things).

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Gotta go.  Con prep.

Elf

No comments:

Post a Comment