Friday 4 January 2019

2018 - A Year in the Life of a Collection or Three

Happy New Year, Readers!

2018 was quite an epic year in the Geek Cave.  Ponies, and Shortcakes, and She-Ra, oh my!
To begin with, I took an unexpected break from the blog for a few months early this year.  This wasn't intentional or planned, it just fell by the wayside for a few months.  But in June I got back on the pony (bad pun, you're welcome) and started writing again.
Roomy and I went to two Pony conventions this year, the MLP Fair in Orlando, and the Canadian Extravaganza in Montreal.  I loved both cons, of course.  As always, it was great to see old friends and new at these cons, and also to have a chance to visit two fun cities, as well as a few interesting stops along the way.
I also added quite a lot to my collection at the two conventions this year.  Many, many, many ponies came home with me this year (as well as a few Shortcakes that Roomy picked up for my xmas gifts).  I won't lie, I had great fun splurging this year.
In the second half of the year, Roomy and I started the re-org of the Geek Cave.  We moved everything around so that we now have a Vintage side and a Modern side in the room.  We also added more shelving, but there's still plenty to do next year.
Roomy also got to enjoy the first major reboot of her favourite franchise, She-Ra, this year.  So far there has only been the new cartoon (which I highly recommend), but we are waiting with great excitement to see if a new toy line will be coming out!
And finally, at almost the end of the year, I doomed us with a giant Kijiji purchase.  I regret nothing!

Thank you for reading the blog.  Sometimes preparing this has felt a little like I'm talking to myself, but the feedback, comments, and conversations some of you have provided have been most appreciated.  I'm glad you've enjoyed the blog and will continue to do so into the future.
Here's to a 2019 full of collection fun for us all!

Elf

No comments:

Post a Comment