Friday 21 September 2018

An SSC Custom Rehair

An intermission between Geek Cave posts.

When I started collecting Shortcakes, I approached it in the same way I'd done with Ponies, starting with vintage.  For awhile I thought I would also collect the Bandai Shortcakes, but I soon changed my mind.  However, I did acquire one mini Bandai Shortcake with her accessories.


The Bandai dolls, although cute, unfortunately have horrible rotting hair and a tendency toward baldness.  Since I was rehairing anyway, I decided to use this tiny doll as an experiment for my first yarn rehair.

My little Rainbowberry doll was rehaired in rainbow yarn.  I must say that I was surprised at how easy the yarn was to work with, and I'm thrilled with how she turned out.  I'm looking forward to doing some additional yarn rehairs in the future.

Elf

No comments:

Post a Comment