Friday 27 July 2018

Bought more stuff, have to reorganize the Geek Cave

A girl's Geek Cave is never done.


Every time I think we've added the last piece of shelving, we seem to find room for more (not that I'm complaining).  And so, more shelving is on the way, as well as a new and long-awaited display space for me.

Along with the new shelving comes the first major re-org of the Cave since we moved it into a larger room early in 2017.  Since that move I've been quite happy with the vintage side of the room, but I've never felt that the modern side of the room was quite right.  Roomy and I have been talking it over, and I think we've come up with a cunning plan to adjust the display space to work better.

Read: move everything.


My main issue with the modern side of the room is the G4s.  As much as I love the playsets, most of them are huge while the ponies are comparatively tiny.  I feel like the playsets are taking up too much real estate, and that's going to change with the new set up.  This will also mean I can move the G3s entirely to the modern side of the room, while the SSCs will move to the vintage side and the G1s and G2s will have a little more room to expand.

At least that's the plan.

I'm looking forward to this project, and I'm hoping to be much happier with the look overall once we're done.

You know...`done`...

Elf

No comments:

Post a Comment