Friday 29 June 2018

2018 MLP Fair

The 2018 MLP Fair took place on June 16-17th.  As usual, Roomy and I drove down to take part, and after not having a Fair to attend last year, we were even more excited than usual.

Designer Kirk Hindman's ponies
The Fair went back to its roots this year, with a smaller convention reminiscent of the earlier Fairs.  Personally, I found this to be a great decision for a variety of reasons.  The con wasn't terribly crowded, and many of the attendees were the usual suspects who have been coming to the Fair for years and years.  This made the atmosphere more relaxed and fun, and allowed for time to visit with old friends as well as shopping, attending panels, shopping, participating in contests, and shopping!  I suspect it also made for a more relaxed experience for the first-time Fair attendees.
Roomy meets a personal hero

The panel put on by the lovely and talented MLPWhitney, Ashlyne, and KitKatVintage
This year I made it to nearly all the panels I wanted to see (I did miss a couple from losing track of time).  The Accessory Addicts panel and the Merchandise panel were particular favourites of mine.  The Hall of Fame dinner was also excellent, both in food and entertainment.  The G1 Sea Ponies, G4 Applejack, and Hasbro designer Kirk Hindman were all inducted this year.



The custom, art, costume, and handicraft contest entries were spectacular, as always.  The vendors had some excellent stuff for sale (MLP, and other 80s toys), and I certainly had no problems parting with my money (more on that in a future post).  Roomy apparently also started and finished her Christmas shopping for me that weekend.  And I came first in the trivia competition this year!
Ponywear display
In short, the Fair was great fun, well worth the wait, and over far too soon.  I can't wait for the next opportunity to see all my Pony Friends again!

You can see more pictures here.

Elf

No comments:

Post a Comment