Friday 28 May 2021

Housekeeping

 Traditionally at this time of year I’d be in the thick of con prep.  That’s not happening again this year, and if you think I’m using the time to do some other things with my collection, you’d be mistaken.

We’re in an interesting flux state with our collections just now.  The plan is still on to move Marie’s MOTU/POP collection down to the TV room in the basement (geeky name pending), leaving me in sole possession of the Geek Cave.  However, we still need display cabinets before this can happen.  While some of these will be the collector’s friend, the Billy Bookshelf, we haven’t found a large cabinet to house Greyskull yet.

Naturally, the lack of cabinets means that things aren’t moving much in the Cave…except where they’re not supposed to be.

There appears to have been a struggle.

Well, the Velcro strips holding the shelves on the wall seemed like a good idea. Actually, I suspect these might have continued to work if we hadn’t just had several weeks of extreme weather fluxes.  Going from heat and humidity to cold and dry rapidly and continually may have just been too much for the adhesive.  Never mind, I have a poster that can go on that wall.

Cleaning up the tiny ponies was a bit of pain though.  Naturally, some of them fell behind the shelves.  They also bounce well, and made some good distance.  I haven’t actually checked to see if I’ve got everyone yet, and probably won’t until I figure out what to do with these little cube shelves now.  Time to get creative.

Speaking of which, you’ll have noticed that it’s been ages since I posted any custom ponies.  There’s two reasons for this.  First, I haven’t been doing a lot of art since the pandemic started.  I’ve been too lazy and tired some days, and I’ve been spending quite a lot of time working in the garden as well (a different kind of art).  Second, the photos I have of finished customs are currently trapped on my memory card because my camera has broken down, specifically, the little door to access the memory card and batteries is broken and preventing the camera from realizing that it has either.  Since we’ve been in lockdown for the past several months, I’ve not been able to take it into a store to get looked at.  All in good time.

So that’s what’s been happening (or not) here in the last little while.

Elf

No comments:

Post a Comment